söndag, november 19, 2006

08 segling i skärgården

Stay tuned for some latest news coming soon! (in the next few days or so...) Here's some pics from when I went sailing during the summer.


While staying at Christina's I had the awesome opportunity to go sailing in the Stockholm Archipelago, or what Swedes call "Skärgården." There's around 24,000 (yes that's right, I said twenty-four thousand) islands in the Skärgården ranging from tiny to large enough for people to live on! Her son Philip is part owner in a boat and he invited me to come sailing one fine Sunday afternoon. I even got to do some actual sailing, something I haven't done since catamaraning while on school camp at Maroon dam many years ago now... The weather doesn't look that great, however the sun came out many times and also when we stopped for lunch (perfect timing!) and some sunbaking was definately in order! The pics pretty much speak for themselves so enjoy!

The boat


Christina & Philip






That's what we want to see...
Wind in the sails!!!


We stopped and anchored at an island (any island...!)
for lunch and some sunbaking.
I even got to pick and eat some wild rasberries! yum!



Swedish seaweed up close...


Great dive Philip!
We went for several swims,
the water was rather chilly...!









Yeh it was nice and warm!











Packing up and cleaning the boat...


© 2010 Ty Sundström